Thursday, August 13, 2009

Marbles Children's Museum

This morning Oliver Landon and I went to Marbles in Raleigh. it is just a few blocks from Mike's work. I went outside and found that the umbrella stroller is no longer functioning, so I had to run to Target beforehand. I bought a cute little green stroller with animals on it and an umbrella for each of us. my umbrella was way too expensive, but I didn't know! I thought it was $10 :/ anyways, we raced to the museum to meet our friends and I didn't have scissors so the stroller wouldn't open. I wore Oliver in a Hotsling and tried to pull Landon along. it's hard to do anything with a two year old because they just are slowpokes. He COMES he just takes longer than a snail to do it. he carried his Transformers umbrella and wished it was raining harder. it took forever and a half to walk there. we had a lot of fun playing in their toddler section and then we headed over and met Mike for lunch. have I mentioned it takes 100x longer to do anything with Toddlers? Landon sat and behaved during the meal and I had a delicious flatbread with spinach and artichokes and feta and sundried tomatoes. then Mike helped them get back into the car. Landon was upset to see Mike go, and he was ready for a nap, so he cried for Mike all the way out of Raleigh. until he saw a police car. he wanted the police car to turn his lights on, but of course unless I started doing anything illegal that wasn't going to happen. mid-cry Landon passed out and slept all the way home.

Now I'm home and the kids are refreshed and raring to go and I just want a nap. it's so exhausting to get your 2 year old to behave in public. "Landon get down! Landon don't climb up there you could ge thurt! Landon watch for cars! Landon, you can't run into the road! LANDON LANDON LANDON LANDON!"

I've heard it will get worse when Oliver's walking. LORD HELP ME :-p

speaking of growing boys -- Oliver's first tooth popped through last night! he's chewing on everything and the difference is before it was just pressure now it's painful! I wish they had been his top two teeth -- then he could have been like Sunny Baudelaire in the Lemony Snicket books, but alas, it was his bottom. hopefully the top two will come in and then he will learn how to cook and climb things with his teeth.

please someone remind me that I need to go to bed earlier.

No comments: